शुक्रवार, 27 जनवरी 2012

Statement of clarification in reference of legal notice relating to NDTV program on 18 January 2012.

To,
Vice Chancellor
Jamia Millia Islamia

Through: Mr. Atyab Siddiqi, Counsel Jamia Millia Islamia.

Sub: Statement of clarification in reference of legal notice relating to NDTV program on 18 January 2012.
Sir,
This with reference to your notice, I wish to offer my unconditional apology which I have already made through media and in my blog clarifying my position towards this esteemed university and which is also my mathar-e-ilimi. First of all I withdraw my statement made on NDTV on 18 January with regard to 10 Lakh rupees which was given by a political leader. Since last some weeks, there is an unwanted misunderstanding because of my social and media activities, I wish to use this opportunity to explain my real motives and reasons which are never directed by any kind of negative feelings for this great institution. My statement during discussion at NDTV was never motivated by any malice or enmity for this reputed institute, rather I am part of this university and its fame or shame. My statement was also not directed to any individual of Jamia.
My statement was in response of Mr. Shahid Siddiqi of Samajwadi Party who accused me of supporting Congress Party and said that Congress is playing politics on the issue. I responded that your party was also part of politics and has donated 10 lakh rupees to Jamia. With my statement, I was not thinking that the discussion will be immediately stopped on the issue I raised. I was saying this in sequence of another sentence that “Jamia isbat ka jawab apni RTI me nahi de rahi hai”.
Let me confess the fact that I am not aware who was actually donated the money, either Jamia of Jamia Old Boys Association and even media reports were confusing. Out of this confusion, I had also filed an RTI to know who holds that money and how is that spent.
With regard to my activities, I had sought appointment of Mr. Vice Chancellor many times to clarify what I am really doing and to seek his suggestions and guidance as well however I was never given a chance to meet the VC sahab. First time after the NDTV, VC has clarified in a press statement that Jamia has nothing to do with the donation and I was convinced with his statement which I was looking for many months.
Anchor of NDTV program had immediately stopped the discussion on the issue and stated that my argument will not be subscribed at all because Jamia representative is not present. With this end statement, the issue of Jamia remained closed with his clear rejection of the statement. The confusion was also because of status of JOBA which I thought is part of Jamia which officially is not.
With this clarification about my real motives behind the statement, it is understandable that I never intended to defame Jamia at all and I once again offer my unconditional apology and withdraw my statement. I also promise that in future my activities will only to support this great institution towards achieving its noble goals for which its official are striving. I also wish to withdraw my all RTI Application filed in this regard to PIO, Jamia Millia Islamia. 
I shall be grateful for you if you accept my statement of apology. I seek your guidance and support to make my efforts really useful and purposeful.

Sincerly

Afroz Alam Sahil

0 टिप्पणियाँ: